Vietnam has quickly become the most popular South East Asian holiday destination and there are many reasons for this. Vietnam has it all; mountains, tropical rainforest and even great beaches, while the colourful culture of the people is truly unique. Prior to the pandemic, millions of tourists enjoyed their downtime in Vietnam and here are a few of the reasons to choose Vietnam for your 2021 holiday.
- Unspoilt Natural Beauty – We all know how development affects the environment and after a few years, hotels and resorts pop up everywhere and that takes the magic away. Vietnam is a long way from that and booking a holiday this year ensures that you get to spend time in one of the last truly unspoilt places in the world. If you are a nature lover, you will really enjoy staying in a tropical rainforest, where you can observe a diverse range of birds and wildlife, with many species that are not found anywhere else. Check out Wikipedia for a long list of animal and plant species that inhabit Vietnam.
- Diverse Environments – Vietnam is a land of diversity with mountainous regions in the north, tropical rainforests in the central region and, of course, some of the best beaches in the world. You could spend a week in each region, which would really give you an insight into this amazing nation. Many tourists spend time in the north and south of the country and finish their holiday within a week in one of the exclusive 5-star beachfront villas in Da Nang, which is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- Gain an Insight into the Long & Colourful History – Vietnam shocked the world by beating the US military and there are museums in Saigon that document the long war, enabling you to really gain an insight into the Vietnamese people, who overcame adversity to see off the invaders. It might surprise you to learn that the Vietcong soldiers dug a huge network of tunnels and every evening, they would bring up heavy gun components, assemble the weapon, fire it all night, then return it underground before dawn. There are lots of resources about the Vietnam conflict on the Internet and learning about the war prior to your visit, which will enhance the experience. Click here for tips when looking for travel insurance.
- Low Cost of Living – Perhaps one of the major reasons why people choose Vietnam is the low cost of living, which really makes a difference when you take a 3-4 week holiday. The souvenirs that you want to bring home are incredibly cheap when compared to costs in the western world and you can barter with the vendors for an even better deal. Even a 5-star hotel would be reasonably priced when compared to developed countries, which means you can have a fantastic time and it won’t cost the earth! Vietnamese food is awesome and so cheap; for a couple of dollars, you can enjoy a hearty bowl of noodle soup, or a tasty baguette sandwich, or one of the many other delicious dishes that you can find in this unique country. There are bustling markets everywhere where you can pick up some real bargains; don’t bother packing too much in terms of light cotton clothing, as you can buy great quality cotton garments for a very low price in Vietnam.
- The Best Beaches in the World – There aren’t that many countries that would be in the race for the most attractive beaches in the world, yet Vietnam takes some beating. Da Nang is the real hotspot, situated on the mouth of the Han River, this is the 5th largest city that is home to an amazing stretch of coastline where you can stay in a 5-star resort and really relax. All forms of water sports can be found here; kitesurfing, windsurfing and water skiing and if you like a game of football, be on the beach at around 5pm and you’re bound to get a game. September to December is the monsoon season, while the hot dry season is from January to August; travelling during the rainy season is fine, as the rain is heavy but for short periods, with the sun quickly drying everything out.
If you would like to learn more about the magical country of Vietnam, search for an established tour operator and talk to them about organising a special trip that incorporates all of the best areas of Vietnam. You can tailor the holiday to suit your lifestyle and why not hire an English-speaking guide to be with you during your stay, which would have many benefits.