If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about pests until they start causing problems. And by then, it’s often too late. Pests can be a big headache, invading your storage unit and making your life miserable. The good news is that there are ways to keep them at bay. Here are some tips for keeping pests out of your storage unit:
- Keep your unit clean and organized: This is the first and most important step in keeping pests away. A clean unit is less attractive to pests, and it’s also easier to spot signs of an infestation.
- Store food in airtight containers: This will help keep pests out and prevent them from breeding and multiplying. Also, be sure to dispose of food waste properly.
- Inspect your unit for signs of pest activity: If you see any droppings, nests, or other evidence of pest activity, take action immediately. Don’t try to deal with the pests on your own – call a professional pest control company.
- Use pest control products: There are a number of pest control products available on the market, including sprays, baits, and traps. Choose the one that best suits your needs and follow the instructions carefully. For example, if you’re using bait, be sure to place it in areas where pests are likely to roam.
- Keep your unit well ventilated: Pests like warm, moist environments, so make sure your unit has plenty of ventilation. Also, avoid storing anything that gives off heat, such as appliances or electronics.
- Install pest screens: pest screens can help keep insects and rodents out of your unit. If you don’t have pest screens, you can buy them at most hardware stores.
- Keep trees and plants away from your unit: Pests like to hide in trees and plants, so keep them away from your storage unit. 8. Use a dehumidifier: A dehumidifier will help keep the humidity level down and make your unit less attractive to pests.
- Keep pets away from your unit: Pets can be a major source of pest problems because they often carry fleas and other insects. So keep them away from your storage unit.
- Regularly check your unit for signs of pest activity: By checking your unit regularly, you’ll be able to spot any pest problems early and take corrective action. You’ll also be able to more effectively monitor the effectiveness of your pest control measures.
By following these tips, you can keep pests out of your storage unit and protect your belongings from damage. If you’re looking for a pest-free storage solution, consider Bearcat Storage. They offer clean, well-ventilated units with pest screens to keep insects out. Contact them today at 817-458-1308 to learn more.