Imagine your baby’s sleep habits. Are they restless and up all night? If so, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many babies have difficulty sleeping through the night during their first year of life. However, there are some things you can do to help your baby sleep better. Here are eight tips to get started:
- Keep evening activities calm and low key: Avoid letting your baby get too wound up before bedtime. Play time should be kept calm and relaxed so that your baby is ready for sleep when it’s time. You can try reading a book or singing a lullaby.
- Invest in a good quality crib mattress: A comfortable mattress is crucial for good sleep. Make sure you get one that is firm and can support your baby’s body. You can find some good options online like the Sleepyhead Grand.
- Have a dark, quiet room for baby to sleep in: A dark and quiet room is the ideal environment for a baby to sleep in. Make sure the room is cool and free of any distractions or noise. A black-out curtain can help to darken the room and create a more sleep-friendly environment.
- Use a sleep suit: Swaddling can be a great way to help your baby sleep better. Baby Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit can help keep your baby snug and comfortable all night long. Visit their website at www.magicsleepsuit.com for more information.
- Try a pacifier: If your baby is having trouble sleeping, try using a pacifier to soothe them. Babies often find comfort in sucking on something and it may help them fall asleep more quickly.
- Make sure your baby gets enough exercise during the day: A tired baby is more likely to sleep better at night. Make sure your baby gets plenty of exercise during the day by playing and moving around. For example, take them for a walk in the stroller or let them crawl around on the floor.
- Give the baby a massage before bed: A gentle massage can help relax your baby and prepare them for sleep. Use a light oil or lavender lotion and rub your baby’s back and feet.
- Consider using a noise machine: Some babies find comfort in white noise. If your baby is having trouble sleeping, try using a noise machine to create a calming soundscape. You can get a variety of noise machines, like the Marpac Dohm Classic, that will help your baby sleep better.
Following these eight tips can help make things a bit easier for both you and your little one as you work towards getting more restful nights of sleep. Creating a good sleep routine can be key to helping your baby sleep better and there’s no time like the present to get started!